What do I do after my tattoo?
For the best possible tattoo outcome, it is critical to take great care of it after your tattoo session. Here are our tattoo after-care tips:
- After two hours, remove the bandage from your tattoo.
- Gently wash the area with warm Dial soap and water. Rinse and pat dry.
- Allow your tattoo to breathe for a few minutes, and then apply Aquaphor lotion to the area. A small amount goes a long way.
- Continue to apply Aquaphor lotion 2-3 times a day for the first 4-5 days.
- DO NOT pick at your flaking skin. In a few days, most of the dead top layer of skin will peel and fall off.
- After 4-5 days, switch to a fragrance-free lotion (such as Aveena, Lubriderm, Vaseline Intensive Care) and continue to apply for the next week or two, until the tattoo completely heals.
- Your skin may become “leathery” as it continues to heal.
- Keep your tattoo out of sunlight, tanning beds, and chlorinated or ocean water and pools for the next few weeks.
- Call us with any questions.